INSTALLATION, CHEF-INSTALLATION, COMMISSIONING
OF INDUCTION EQUIPMENT FOR HEATING OR MELTING,
OPTIMIZATION OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS
The list of works performed is agreed in advance and drawn up by an agreement (or an additional agreement) between the manufacturer or a specialized company and the customer.
If the customer does not have specialists with experience in installation work of induction units, the manufacturer can assume the responsibility for installation work in accordance with the relevant contract.
If the customer does not have specialists with installation experience for induction plants, but there are qualified electricians and locksmiths, the manufacturer can assume the role of installation manager in accordance with the relevant contract.
Assessment of the readiness of installation work for the commissioning (commissioning) of equipment, which, in the case of significant deficiencies, is documented with an act indicating comments, recommendations for improvements and the timing of their implementation.
OPTIMIZATION OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS
The technological process is worked out during technological tests of equipment and personnel training during commissioning.
OTHER TYPES OF SERVICES
- design work;
- development and implementation of new metallurgical technologies;
- manufacturing of non-standard products according to customer drawings;
- repair and modernization of thyristor frequency converters;
- manufacture of nameplates.
In the future, technological processes are established by the specialists of the customer company, or, in case of complex issues, are discussed with the specialists of Termolit LLC by telephone or, by separate agreement, on the site.
THYRISTOR FREQUENCY CONVERTER COMMISSIONING AND STARTING-UP IN A CUSTOMERS ENTERPRISE
ASSESSMENT OF READINESS OF INSTALLATION WORKS FOR CARRYING OUT THE START-UP OF THE EQUIPMENT
In the case of significant deficiencies, an act is drawn up indicating the comments, recommendations for improvements and the timing of their implementation.
INSPECTION AND IDENTIFICATION OF ERRORS IN INSTALLATION OF EQUIPMENT
- compliance of the equipment installation with the drawings of the ICMEF or IHU passport
- compliance with the cooling scheme, the correct choice of pumps and external cooling systems (cooling towers, chillers, etc.)
- compliance of installation and preparation of hydraulics for lifting units with passport recommendations
- compliance of the selection and connection of electrical power circuits and control circuits of the TFC and external devices to the wiring diagrams, quality of power connections, quality of grounding
- check cooling system for leaks and matching the operating pressure and flow with the passport
- check the operation of flow control sensors
- for ICMEF check the hydraulics: setting the working pressure and the speed of raising and lowering the unit
- for IHU (if any) check of workpiece feeding mechanisms
- verification of the operation of the TFC in commissioning mode
- power check on load simulators with the necessary settings of TFC boards
- checking and adjusting additional instrumentation
- power check in the technological cycle (roasting and control melts at ICMEF, heating a batch of billets at IHU)
- discussion of the results of the commissioning and the preparation of relevant documents
- to minimize errors in the preparation of equipment for commissioning, it is recommended to involve trained specialists in the installation work, or consult with specialists of Termolit LLC
- before carrying out a commissioning work in 1-3 days, it is necessary to coat and dry the melting units (without lining, or to coordinate this with Termolit LLC)
A common furnace operated by the Customer is the ИСТ-0.16 / 0.1 ЕГ induction steelmaking furnace. This is a furnace with a capacity of 160 kg for steel, with an electric machine power source such as ВПЧ-100-2,4. A significant drawback of this furnace is: the use of an electric machine generator as a power source and its rather low productivity. Since the working life of the ВПЧ-100-2.4 electric machine generator is practically exhausted by now, the question often arises: how to replace it and how to increase productivity in general?
The solution to this issue turns out to be quite simple and at the same time quite effective.
It is necessary to:
1. replace the HFTG-100-2,4 electric machine generator with a TFC-160-2,4 thyristor frequency converter
2. replace the ИСТ-0.16 furnace inductor with an inductor similar in volume and dimensions (ICMEF-0.16), but with a completely different design and parameters
3. change capacitance and design of a capacitor bank:
- replacement of ВПЧ-100-2,4 with TFC-160-2,4:
- source power higher
- higher efficiency (0.7 and 0.94, respectively)
- lack of wearing parts
- replacement of an inductor: an inductor of a similar geometry, but having higher energy parameters
- replacement (modernization) of the capacitor bank is reduced to an increase in the capacitance of the capacitor bank and the dismantling of rapidly wearing and expensive power contactors. In the case of application, as a TFC power supply, its operation algorithm ensures that the power factor (cos y) is kept within 0.95-0.97 at any time during melting.
ADVANTAGES OF FURNACE MODERNIZATION
As a result of this modernization, the smelting time is significantly reduced, as well as the energy consumption (approximately doubled)